Sunday, February 28, 2010

"MY CHILD"

It was about ten years ago...at a retreat, far away from my California home. It was in Eastern Canada. There was this workshop...the subject was "hearing the voice of God in prayer". We were instructed to do an excercise...just sit quietly and listen for 15 minutes. There was beautiful instrumental worship music playing in the background and we were told to just focus on the Lord and ask Him to speak to us individually and personally.

That sounded easy enough.......It was so hard! My mind was wondering here and there and everywhere! Then I started stressing out because the fifteen minutes was almost up and I hadn't heard from the Lord at all!

To my surprise...in the very last moments, in my mind's eye, (not a vision) I saw the Lord standing just to the left of me. I was seated in my chair and He reached his right hand around my head and pulled it close to His side. He had a chuckle in His voice and said, "My child". That was all...."My child". As if to say, "you silly, don't you know I am here? I am always with you? I will never leave you? Even now, it makes me tear up. I remember it as if it were yesterday. In all my fretting and trying so hard to hear from Him, it wasn't until I stopped "trying so hard", I realized He was there all the time, embracing me and calling me His own.

He is with you... will never leave you... He calls you His own....

Click on this link below to hear a beautiful song called "Child of God"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r3JAV2r208

5 comments:

  1. That is truly beautiful. Isn't God amazing? Thanks for sharing this story with us. (I love the song Child of God, too!)

    Hugs, Anastasia

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very special story Button! Thank you so much for sharing.
    -Michelle of CreativeCritters

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like what would happen to me... my mind would wonder here and there. But we are blessed that HE is always there! Beautiful song... thank you for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so precious and so true. We had a message just a few weeks ago, where the one preaching had us sit for just 5 minutes in silence...quiet before the Lord. It is hard...you're absolutely right! But the rewards are so awesome! Thanks again for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Be still and know that I am God"
    A beautiful example of how we can do this!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you so much for posting. Feel free to leave a link to your studio or web page. :o) button